Today its just Milana and I and we made a Fall Wreath. I bought brown paper plates and cut out the center, I laid out leaves and shinyconfetti leaves from the craft store and let Milana do the rest. I punched 2 holes at the top and made a bow out of twine .
Today the girls made Fall Handprint Trees. I Traced their hand and arms all the way up to almost their elbows and then I cut that out and used it for the tree and branches. Milana and Holly made fingerprint leaves, they just love painting with their fingers. Another great way to make the leaves would be to paint their hands and do handprint leaves.
A pringles can Windsock is a perfect Spring or Summer craft and its super easy.
Tissue Paper (I have the precut squares)
Modge Podge (Waterproof is best)
1. Apply Modge Podge to pringles can and put various colors of tissue paper on. Keep adding modge podge and tissue paper till its completely covered.
2. Make two holes near the bottom of can , pull jute through the holes and knot (For hanging)
3. Punch several holes around the edge of the pringles lid.
4. Cut several long lengths of ribbons in various colors.
5. Thread the ribbons up through the holes in the lid and knot them on the inside of lid to secure them and put the lid back on the can.
I just love this craft, its so vibrant and colorful. Brightens up the winter blues!
I first had the children paint a plain piece of white painting paper. I pre cut all the penguin parts(Construction Paper) and had the kids glue onto the painted paper, the hat and mittens were cut out of scrapbooking paper and then they painted the snowflakes on. I plan on framing Mason's.
1. Cut a toilet paper roll in half creating a semi circle. 2. Dip one end into green paint and press onto paper, repeat until you have created a Christmas tree shape. 3. Use fingertips to make the different colored ornaments. 4. Paint a trunk and a star.
Clear Ornament Fake Snow (Snowflake sprinkles or Styrofoam Snow) Glitter green pipe cleaner Glitter red pom pom Black paint
Orange triangle felt or foam
Black Foam (1 rectangle piece and 1 circle for hat) Pencil Hot glue gun Tacky glue
1. Fill ornament with fake snow 2. Cut green pipe cleaner and hot glue each end to a red pom pom and then glue to the ornament 3. Dip the eraser on the pencil into black paint and make eyes and mouth 4. Glue nose with tacky glue
5. Glue rectangle piece of foam around the top and then glue round piece on top